10 New Year’s Energy Resolutions
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, shaving or washing your face.
- Charge your phone before bed & make sure electronics are off not just on stand-by.
- Put lids on your pans when cooking as this makes your food cook faster & saves energy!
- Mark a one month reminder on your calendar for when your energy tariffs expire to remind you to pick a new tariff.
- Only boil the water you need in your kettle.
- Have a shower instead of a bath.
- Air-dry your washing instead of using the tumble dryer.
- Set your washing machine to an ‘eco’ cycle or wash at 30 if it’s not dirty.
- Switch energy supplier.
- Ask your energy supplier for a smart meter – they’re free and help monitor your energy usage.
Happy New Year!