10 ways to save energy while working from home
- If you would normally walk around in the office try get out for a walk before work, at lunch or after work to keep your body temperature up throughout the day.
- Optimise natural light – make sure your work space/home office is getting the best natural light possible.
- Make sure you have energy efficient lighting.
- Try keeping you hot drinks in a travel mug with a lid (it keeps them warmer for longer).
- Ask your energy supplier for a smart meter if you don’t already have one. It will help you keep track of high energy activities.
- Try batch cooking and meal prepping to keep energy requirements down and it also saves time on your lunch break.
- Need to charge your work phone? Charge it before bed and make sure you don’t leave it on to charge overnight.
- Make sure your laptop/desktop if off at night (not just on standby).
- See if you could save money by switching tariffs or supplier here.
- See if you are eligible for free energy and money saving phone appointment here.
Call Switched On Portsmouth on 0800 260 5907, Mon – Fri 9am to 5pm for further support.