Am I eligible for ECHO?
Thousands of Portsmouth, Gosport and Havant homeowners are eligible for a free boiler repair or replacement.
In order to be eligible you must
- heat your home using gas central heating
- be in an emergency ‘no heat’ situation as a result of your boiler being broken or condemned.
- be the owner occupier of the property
AND IF YOU
- are in receipt of any means tested benefit, OR
- have a low household income, OR
- have a long term health condition, OR
- are over the age of 60, OR
- are responsible for a child under the age of 15
For Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.
ECHO is provided by AgilityEco along with its partners and funded by five energy companies through the Warm Home Discount Industry Initiative Scheme. Launched in 2017, ECHO helped over 1,5000 families in need with either a boiler repair or replacement. You can read more about how ECHO has helped households stay warm during the winter by downloading the ECHO impact report.
How it works
Whilst some households can be supported in repairing or replacing their boiler through the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) or other funding sources, it may take a significant period of time to process their application and complete the repair or installation. Other households will not be eligible at all due to the nature of their property or their location.
ECHO is delivered in collaboration with local agencies providing support to fuel poor or vulnerable residents. It is also receiving a limited number of referrals from energy companies for households across the rest of Great Britain.