Draught proofing is one of the cheapest and most effective ways you can save energy and money.
Controlled ventilation reduces condensation and reduces the risk of damp by letting in fresh air when needed.
Draughts are considered to be uncontrolled ventilation – they let in too much cold air and lose too much heat.
You can draught proof your home by yourself by blocking unwanted gaps around your windows, doors and any pipework.
If you’d like assistance with draught-proofing your home, you can receive this help as part of our LEAP home visit service. Our qualified energy advisers will install these measures for you free of charge.
Still need help?
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or still need help, Citizens Advice is a great service which provides information and advice on a range of issues. There are a number of pages with helpful information on home energy efficiency and energy suppliers.
A full list of Citizens Advice pages on energy can be seen below.
Problems with your energy bill
Struggling to pay your bills
Get a better energy deal
Make a complaint
Problems with your energy supply
- If you’ve been told your energy supply will be disconnected
- What your landlord can charge you for energy
- Problems getting to or topping up your prepayment meter
- If you didn’t agree to switch energy supplier
- Get compensation if you have a power cut
- If your home is on a heat network
- Your energy supplier has gone bust
- Check who’s taken over your energy supply
Your energy meter
- Check if your energy meter is faulty
- How to read your energy meter
- Move your gas or electricity meter
- Decide if prepayment is right for you
- Moving from prepayment to a credit meter
- Getting an old-style prepayment meter installed
- Getting a smart meter installed
- If you have a dynamically teleswitched energy meter