Pre-payment meters and Covid-19 lockdown
- Precautionary measures include checking credit and topping up extra where possible to prepare for the possibility of isolation.
- Making a list of friend, family or neighbours who may be able to help you top-up
- Checking if friends, family or neighbours have enough credit on their pre-payment meters and if they have a process in place for support
- Smart meter customers can top-up online and often through an app
- If your local top up shop closes please contact your supplier. Paypoint.com and Payzone.co.uk list alternative vendors online, and the Post Office also provide top ups for some supplier.
For more information on why pre-payments meters are typically more expensive than standard meters and how to switch from a pre-payment to a standard meter please visit here.